Happy New Year!
I know I’m a little late (or a lot) to jump on this bandwagon, but life happens. I had the flu for a solid 10 days, no joke. Happy to be back in action and motivated more than ever to make some improvements.
On NYE when I was reflecting on the past year I remember thinking, “did I even do anything?” As I looked through photos month-by-month I was so pleasantly surprised! Forget the fact that I graduated with my Bachelor’s degree while working full-time and also was promoted at work. I visited 6 new cities, went on my first cruise, and so much more. Some not-so-glamorous things also happened that I hope to one day share, but if there is anything I learned it’s the importance of reflection (and not only on NYE), but weekly or even daily. Taking a mental note of all that you have accomplished and are lucky enough to own and experience is crucial to your mental well-being.
On that note. Here they are!
1. ORGANIZE MY CLOSET
I know, I know. Everyone is doing it. Not that original, but I’ve always been a very visual and organized person; however, lately I’ve been ignoring the absolute mess under the excuse that my closet is teeny tiny (which it is), but that isn’t making the problem go away. Plus, I don’t know about you, but I actually get stressed out when I’m surrounded by clutter. I’ve been looking at small space solutions on Pinterest and hope to share my final result in a post very soon!
2. SAVE MONEY
How I’ve gone so long without putting any real effort into a savings account? I really don’t want to know. I’m no money expert, but this is my list for this year:
- Start a 401K (am I adulting yet?)
- Direct Deposit into savings account every paycheck (basically pretend I never even made that money).
- Be better about using my credit card as though its a debit card (meaning only spend money I currently have).
- I’ve actually been pretty good about this, but we all know how quickly thing add up. Especially after the holidays. Eeeeek.
- Invest my money on experiences versus material things.
- This one is a balancing act because I obviously love fashion and styling outfits brings me actual joy, but I just mean I probably don’t need another white t-shirt if I already have twenty-five. Ya know?
This one is pretty straight forward… Eurotrip anyone?
4. ESTABLISH A ROUTINUE
As much as I used to dread waking up early for school to then juggle homework, dance rehearsal, and work – I miss the routine. I don’t think going back to school is in the cards for me this year, but I definitely want to start taking dance classes again on a regular basis and not just when I perform for specific projects.
In all aspects of my life:
- Personal Life
- Life By Gaby (10k on Insta? hehe)
What are some things you want to accomplish or learn this year?
Let us know in the comments below. 🙂